Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Barfing Bruiser

So I don't have any photos of this which I guess is a good thing, but here is the news of the week. My kids had school off on Monday and I had to work so I left them home with chores etc. and "No fighting" instructions. I call to check on them a couple of times and things are going well. Then I call again at lunch and Rylee and Ellie are bawling their heads off. I, of course think they have been fighting but come to find out they were bawling because Bruiser, our miniature schnauzer had eaten up all of their easter candy, and I mean ALL of it--Cadbury eggs, malt eggs, jelleybeans, gumball eggs, m&m's, etc. I calm them down and tell them I will get them some more candy on my way home. After lunch I tell my co-workers about it and my boss, who also has a schnauzer, reminds me that too much chocolate can kill a small dog and that when his dog ate a big candy bar his vet told him to pour hydrogen peroxide down its throat to make it vomit. I start to worry and call home to have Jackson find the hydrogen peroxide. To make a long story short, he and Rylee hold the dog down, drown him in peroxide, and then freak out because not only is he vomiting profusely gumballs and jellybeans and blue and green foam, but he also starts foaming out of his eyes. By the time I got home Bruiser and the kids were fine although Rylee and Ellie were cold because they stayed outside with him for about three hours watching and worrying about him. I didn't have much sympathy for the dog because you just don't go around eating other people's easter candy. Note to dog owners--hydrogen peroxide really works-and it works fast.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe I should've poured hydrogen peroxide down Logan's throat all those years...Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should have poured hydrogen peroxide down Logan's throat all those year....Dang!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Wendy, love that story! Poor dog and hopefully your girls were happy to see new Easter candy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy! I didn't know you had a blog! Your family is looking so grown-up. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete